Are there requirements in order to shoot?
- Yes, one. You must be over the age of 18 (proof of age required). Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Aside from that, all heights, weights, ages, races and experience levels are welcomed.
I don't know how to pose or work my facial expressions, is that okay?
- Yes. Regardless of your experience level, I will guide you and give you tons of posing tips and tricks for a smooth shoot.
What outfits should I bring? Is there anything I shouldn't bring?
- Outfit selection is generally determined by the location we are set to use. My best advice is to not bring anything you wouldn't want to shoot in. I am able to suggest outfits for each set based on what you have brought.
Can I use props?
- Yes. You are more than welcome to bring any items you wish to shoot with.
Can I purchase a shoot as a gift for someone else?
- No. Unfortunately this is no longer allowed. The pre-shoot process requires direct interaction and input from the individual that will be shooting. So while you make make a payment for the individual, I will need their direct email address and contact information in order to book the shoot. Direct communication is required.
How much will everything cost and is it all due in advance?
- Pricing will be different depending on your shoot option. Only 50% of your total is required in advance. The remaining balance will be due on the day of the shoot prior to beginning. Additional retouched images must be paid for in advance, prior to delivery.
What forms of of payment do you accept?
- Payments can be made in form of cash, cheque or e-transfer.
Are there any types of discounts available?
- To keep up to date on discounts and specials, please make sure to follow me on my social media accounts, Facebook and Instagram.
Will I be responsible for doing/finding someone to do my hair and makeup?
- I am able to recommend professional and reliable hair and makeup artists, however you must personally keep in direct contact with them as to your personal preferences. Hair and makeup is not included in current pricing.
If someone is hired to do my makeup, do I need to bring any of my own makeup?
- To play it safe, I always recommend that you bring your basics.
Can I do a shoot with a friend?
- Yes. Group shoots are offered at the same rates as individual shoots.
Is it okay to give your contact info to my friends/family for another way to contact me?
- Yes. It is recommended that you give the exact location and my contact information to friends/family when coming alone.
Can I bring anyone with me to the shoot?
- Yes. You are more than welcome to bring a friend/family member. Please note that they should not directly interfere in any negative way during the shoot.
Can I reschedule my shoot date after I've booked?
- Shoots may be rescheduled up to 7 days prior to your shoot date. Failure to reschedule before then will forfeit your deposit.
What happens if the weather forecast isn't ideal for my shoot date?
- Shoots may be rescheduled due to severe weather conditions (such as rain, snow, strong winds, extreme heat or cold, etc) at no extra cost. This can be determined one day prior to the shoot date or the day of.
What happens if an emergency comes up and I can't make the shoot?
- Emergency situations are handled on a case by case basis depending on the variables. My goal is to get you in front of the camera, so I will always do my best to try to work things out.
What happens if I have to cancel my shoot (not rescheduling)?
- All deposits are non-refundable. Your shoot will be removed from the calendar and that is it.
How long does the photo shoot last?
- Each photo shoot option has a set number of hours that is permitted. You can find those details on the Info page here.
What happens if I am late for my shoot?
- Tardiness will cut into your shooting time, as shoot durations are incorporated into my rates. It is recommended that you plan ahead of time for complications such as makeup/hair application, traffic, etc.
How long will I have to access my proofs?
- Your proofing gallery will automatically expire 30 days after you are given access. It is recommended that you select your proofs within that window to avoid any further delays.
What will my proof photos look like? Can I use my proof photos?
- Proof photos are uploaded to your image gallery in low-resolutuion, watermarked form. They are not meant to be used or posted in any way. The number of edited images you receive will be determined by the shoot option you have chosen. Additional edited photos may be purchased separately. You can find those details on the Info page here.
Will I receive any prints with my shoot?
- No physical prints are provided with current shoot options.
Will you post my images online?
- Not without your express consent. I understand that confidentiality can be very important to you, so images will remain private to you. If you choose to allow me to post images online, you will receive proper credit on any of my social media accounts, or you may choose to remain anonymous.
Can you submit my photos to magazines?
- A number of factors go into play with magazine submissions, so they are handled on a case by case basis.
Can I submit my photos you have taken/edited to a magazine?
- Yes. You can handle your own submissions process and deal directly with publications if you would like. When it is time to send in the 300dpi images, I will have to send those directly for you.
Where else can I find your work?